Well, it’s that time of year again and the 2015 Color of the Year has been announced: Marsala. Outside of a smattering of deferential nods to the color selection, the reaction weights overwhelmingly to the less enthused. Here is what the experts have to say about it:
I could go on, but you get the drift, right? OK, one more:
“I don’t hate the colour, I do however hate how they are marketing it which is terrible. Their images make me think that someone there is colourblind or needs their computer screen adjusted. The colour itself, is okay. It’s about as interesting as well watching wallpaper paste dry. It’s a supporting character but not at all worthy of Best Actress nomination. It’s an afterthought, a foot note AT BEST. It’s NOT a trend. If you follow fashion, OX BLOOD is hot. It’s sultry. It’s dramatic. This is the Minivan of Colour choices. It’s a cop out.” -Meredith Heron Read entire article at http://meredithheron.com/blog/trend-fail
The Minivan of Colour choices…Now that’s funny.
TOP 10 PREDICTIONS:
Thank goodness it’s only just one long dog-year of Marsala. We sat down with Tiffany Hunter, Color Psychic, for a spirited discussion of predictions for an upcoming year of Marsala:
1. Pantone Brand Ambassador Prediction
” my prediction is that meat dresses become the new rage and even Taylor Swift will be caught wearing one.”
2. Marsala Will Influence Fashion
3. Burberry Finally Accepted in Fashion World
4. 2015- Big Year for Sequels
“…since Marsala is a boudoir color, it has spiced up the sex lives of many . . . resulting in a spike in pregnancies. Babies born in late 2015 and 2016 become known as Marsala babies, and 50 Shades of Marsala becomes the decorators go-to book…”
5. Carpet Cleaner Industry Vanishes. Conspiracy Theory?
6. Prego ousts the Got Milk Campaign
7. A remake of the song Red Red Wine shoots to the top of the Billboard Charts
8. Identity Crisis: Maroon 5 applies for a name change.
9. Kourtney Kardashian names baby Marsala
10. Always on trend, Paris Hilton adds an Irish Setter to her collection of pooches. Except this one will not fit in her purse.
Many thanks, Tiffany, for your psychic input.
Disclaimer: Tiffany Hunter is not really a color psychic, but she IS a talented designer in Newport Beach: of the design firm Tiffany Hunter Home.
Let’s take this to Facebook and continue with YOUR reactions and predictions.
[…] The amount of commentary this year from the interior design world has been particularly lively. (See Courtney Price’s: “Pantone Color of the Year: Marsala. Reactions & Top 10 Predictions”.) […]