- 1 pound of fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley if you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (adjust to your spice preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, lime juice, olive oil, chopped cilantro, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the marinade, ensuring they are well coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
Thread the marinated shrimp onto skewers, if desired, to make grilling easier.
Grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, or until they turn pink and slightly charred. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp, as they can become tough.
Once grilled, remove the shrimp from the skewers and serve immediately. You can garnish with extra chopped cilantro and lime wedges for an added burst of flavor.