Summer is OVER, lovely readers- so we have a festive fall giveaway to help keep your skin soft, hair healthy and shiny, and breathing clear for the fall and winter season!
Cosmetic and health benefits courtesy of Aquasana, who provides a valuable service through their wonderful filter products that we should all know about and use.
A Few Shower Water Factoids:
- Tap water typically contains at or above the level of chlorine recommended for swimming pools
- A warm shower opens up the pores of the skin and allows a high rate of absorption of chlorine and other chemicals
- Studies show that more chemicals enter our bodies through skin absorption and steam inhalation than from drinking a gallon of the same water
- 70-90% of these chemicals also vaporize into the steam we inhale while showering, entering directly into our bloodstream, a suspected cause of asthma and bronchitis
- When the chemicals vaporize, they create chloroform
- “Chloroform [a known carcinogen] blood levels increase up to 100 times during a ten-minute shower in residential tap water” – Environmental Protection Agency – Dr. Lance Wallace
Chlorine causes dry itchy skin, drying of hair, split ends, dulling of hair color
- younger, smoother skin
- softer, healthier hair: bye bye split ends
- better lasting hair color and shine
- respiratory benefits
Here is how to enter:
1) Comment here on the website -let me know what a new shower filter would mean to you
2) For an extra chance comment on my facebook page
3) Contest will end at 5pm CST on Friday Oct 5, 2012
4) You must be have a US address to win
5) the winner will be announced on Saturday, Oct 6… Good luck…
A huge THANKS(!!!) to Aquasana for their generous giveaway!
Find out more about performance data and certifications, water filter accessories, replacement filters,“Benefits of shower filter”and more on other filter products for kitchen, bath and whole home filters at www.aquasana.com.
This post is brought to you in collaboration with Lafco. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting these sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for CourtneyPrice.com.
10/6/12 Update: Congratulations, Mary Lounsbury, you are the winner of the shower filter! Please send me your mailing address via the contact tab and I will send it to you- hope you enjoy it!